Ned Simmons

In article ML%se.62966$HI.20551@edtnps84,
says...

My question is, having drilled a hole and inserted a suitable flexable
lead, how do I fasten it into the hole in an electrically and
mechanically satisfactory way? Suggestions please.

How big? I've got a bagfull of replacement brushes that
came in a box of stuff from a surplus auction at the nearby
Naval Air Station. The leads appear to be swaged in and
they look to have a much higher ratio of carbon to copper
than typical high current brushes. On a hunch I whacked one
with a BFH and put a pretty big divot in it rather than
smashing it. They're .343 x .375 x .690, not including the
bump where the leads attach. If you want to experiment,
email me your address and I'll pop a few in the mail.

Ned Simmons