Mike Marlow

"Kiwanda" wrote in message
. ..
"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:df6df$42b2c475
:

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in ..
In article 1118939826.265165.123960

@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,

Check your local building code. Laundry chutes are considered

something
of a fire hazardand may not be allowed.

Holy cow - where do you live? This is a new one on me, but there

are enough
parts of the country with wierd codes, that nothing surprises me

anymore.

Here in our part of Minnesota you pretty much can't build laundry
chutes anymore...a local inspector might let you if there were fire
doors on each floor, but I've heard of cases where even designs like
that were stopped. Check the local codes/practice before you start.

When I read about codes like this, it just makes me all the more glad to
live in New York where we aren't bound by a lot of the codes that don't
really serve a huge purpose. Of course we pay for that "freedom" in the
amount of taxes we pay. There's always a tradeoff...

--

-Mike-