George

"Andy McArdle" wrote in message
u...
Rechucking's out of the question and the foot-print is too small for

the
vac-chuck/faceplate. I assume it'd be feasible to mount the base of

the
bowl in a drum chuck, bring up the tailstock (padded) and trim the

edge
that
way?

Just checking for feasibilty from someone who may know before I go
trail-blazing for myself and discover something else I didn't expect.

- Andy

Certainly worth trying and I don't see why it shouldn't work; if I had

the
problem it is what I'd do.
Billh

I guess the best answer is to gird my loins and try, eh? I can't foresee
any problems either, but only tomorrow will tell...

For that tailstock bumper, turn a 1x? soft wood circle with tapered edge
large enough to fit inside your bowl. Make sure you have a center mark, and
use to center and contain the piece.

Even neater if you turn a tapered recess for your base on a faceplate with
soft wood. Once it's centered, a tad of hot glue.