Sunworshipper

On 17 Jun 2005 22:30:54 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
You may find this interesting.

In my opinion, a federal ban could not come too soon.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd...ase1Report.pdf

Which is kind of pointless, as it doesn't give any breakdown of crashes by
type of distraction.
I'd like to see actual numbers for hands-free, voice dial, ......
Though 100 cars are not really a great statistical base.

I've noticed in one part of town they have an inordinate amount of
SUV's with home based business signs that cover the whole vehicle like
busses do. Those are really dangerous distractions. Another is those
chrome strips on the bottom of simi mud flaps that flash in your eyes
over and over.

They should just ticket those that clearly are not paying attention.

To me driving isn't too demanding that talking on the phone becomes
much of a problem and if it does I just tell them I'll get back to
them. And that is mainly cause I have to shift ,steer, and deal with
the idiots at the same time. I don't get enough calls to warrant a
head set and I have to answer or just start pushing a cart.