Gunner

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:55:07 GMT, "Rick" wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Wellllll....by a rather odd and weird roundabout way..I wound up

with
an Airco 300 Squarewave welding machine today. Came with the usual
Bernard coolant pump, Harris flowmeter, Weldcraft 20 torch etc.
Cost was about $10 in gas to go pick it up. Right place at the

right
time, and doing some favors in the past for someone.

This sucker has more gizmos, knobs, switches, dofunnies, thingabobs
and whizbangs than Ive seen afor. A pair of LED meters for volts and
amps.

Ah..er..ahum...(small voice) anyone know how it is supposed to be

set
up and what all the gizmos, knobs, switches, dofunnies, thingabobs

and
whiszbangs are for?
Anyone got a manual they could copy or scan?

Pulsar? Background or foreground? %? Blink blink......

This is Supposed to be fully operational...I sure hope it is......

Ill pull it off tommorow, and power it up, but was kinda hoping
someone had some ideers on what knobs do what.......

I can post a pic of the controls and knobs and dofunnies etc. The
gizmos and whizbangs will be harder....

Thanks

I've got the same one in my garage-still looking for a manual. If I
find one I'll drop you a line. Not a whole lot you shouldn't be able
to figure out just by striking an arc in stick mode. The
foreground/background control works in conjunction with the pulse.
When you strike the arc you will see the current increase and
decrease to the foreground/background settings at the frequency set by
the pulse rate. Start current sets a higher current when the arc is
first struck then goes to the current set by the large knob. All your
current adjustments are set using the digital display with the little
toggle switch in "preview" (or is it "preset") mode.

Wave balance, pre/post flows are for tig. Spot time is for doing tig
spot welding as far as I know-I've not tried it much except to strike
an arc with stick.

Whats the toggle switch under the plumbing cover for? Its labled AC
Only in one position and DC only in the other? The big AC/DCEP/DCEN
lever on the front usually does that job on most welders.

Thanks for the info

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown