Alan Greenspam

I wonder if you installed the fan control yourself or if it came
with the
house.
I have a Hampton control that sounds similar. In fact, it is a remote
control device that has a 9 volt battery in it. If you did not install the
fan & controller yourself, I suggest opening the wall box with the control
and see if it is actually a remote with a battery that needs replacing.

Charlie

A big New York thank you Charlie! Its gonna 90 and humid tomorrow and
our newborn thanks you too.

Yes, the Hunter control does indeed have miniature 12volt battery (half
the size of AAA). Never seen one before but I replaced this one with
the one from the working bedroom wall switch and voila. (and yes it came
with the apartment)

Im still left wondering why the fan wouldn't start when i pulled the
chain on the fan itself but as long as it works...