RicodJour

Dan_Musicant wrote:
I need to make a floorplan for an engineer to work off of so he can work
up a foundation rebuild. It's a 2 story 1925 square foot 95 year old
house. I started trying to do it on graph paper, but I figure I'm just
making things tough on myself doing it that way.

This floor plan will probably come in handy for some alterations I'm
contemplating - tearing out a wall or two, putting in a door or two,
etc.

What's a reasonably cost effective software for what I want to do?

3D Home Architect is one of the easiest to use. Pick it up on eBay -
it'll be ~$10 delivered.

Be aware that an engineer relying on someone else's dimensions, someone
who is having trouble taking dimensions, is asking for trouble. If
something is off, guess who's going to pay in spades?