Rich

I use AutoCAD for a living and it would be more than you need to use or the
learning curve would be to long. There is a simple program for basic things
called deltacad. I used it to layout stairs etc.years ago. www.dcad.com I
forget the price but it is simple enough to use but I have been doing this
for 30 years now so YMMV. Or how about hiring it out so you don't need to
waste your time and money?

Good luck, Rich

"Dan_Musicant" wrote in message
I need to make a floorplan for an engineer to work off of so he can work
up a foundation rebuild. It's a 2 story 1925 square foot 95 year old
house. I started trying to do it on graph paper, but I figure I'm just
making things tough on myself doing it that way.

This floor plan will probably come in handy for some alterations I'm
contemplating - tearing out a wall or two, putting in a door or two,
etc.

What's a reasonably cost effective software for what I want to do?

Thanks.

Dan