T i m

Default Large wood / steel hs drill bit with small shank?

On Sat, 15 May 2004 20:10:39 GMT, "Cicero"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi folks,

I'm trying to make a special drill for drilling out the stump of a 9"
sq wooden gate post but want to leave the surrounding concrete intact.

Have you considered a wood auger bit? They come in quite large sizes but
even the large sizes have a small shank (about 9mm).

Yes I have .. but I was hoping for something fast and these need
cranking with a hand brace don't they Cic?

The expensive drill set you describe is probably a set of blacksmith's
drills and they're very expensive.

They might if been .. as I said they were about 39 quid (for a set of
maybe 7?) and I was going to get them for getting the bulk of material
out when boring something on the lathe (press tools etc)?

All the best ..

T i m