John Fields

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:33:09 GMT, TokaMundo
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 07:35:52 -0500, John Fields
Gave us:

I'm sure this will come as a great shock to you, but your commentary
is unimportant.

You shock no one. You are droll, at best.

Ha! You think your commentary is important?

---
Perhaps not, but at least it's accurate.
---

You don't even know how
to designate a clock crystal on a schematic properly.

---
Really? A clock _crystal_ usually carries the reference designator
"Y" followed by a numerical identifier. If you're referring to "U"1
on the schematic I recently posted to abse, it would have been
apparent to anyone who knows how to read a schematic that U1 is a
clock _oscillator_ carrying the common "U" (Unit) reference
designation. Not only was its output connected to the clock input of
a counter, (that should have been a clue, since a clock _crystal_
would have been surrounded by its supporting components) but its
operating frequency "32768Hz" was written on the schematic in a
location that could only have associated it with U1.

So what it basically boils down to is that _you_, dear boy, can't tell
the difference between a crystal and a clock oscillator.
---

We can only hope that one day you receive a *real* "great shock",
you self important idiot.

---
That day will come when you post something that isn't banal, so it
looks like your hopes are dashed from the start.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer