Ken Weitzel

Gerard Bok wrote:
On 18 Jun 2005 08:04:55 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

Okay, so I can see that the majority are clearly of a mind that xrays
cannot pass through the heavily leaded front of the picture tube.
What about the thin, transparent neck in the back of the tube?
Nothing much offering protection there, is there?

Many computer rooms, work cubicals, etc., have the monitors lined up
back-to-back so that people on the opposite side would receive the
X-rays from the back of the other monitors. If X-rays were a significant
issue, we would have heard about it by now.

How long did it take to get the news about smoking ?
About asbestos ? And about zillions of other hazards ?

Bye the way: why are these cubicals being bulk-replaced by LCD ?
:-)

Hi...

Not sure it's the *only* reason, but the compelling one is
energy consumption.

Ken