Speedy Jim

Jeff wrote:

I have a 4 year old maytag water heater, has been fine since it was new.
Starting yesterday the pilot light has gone out 4 times. The only other
thing is that I turned on my central air conditioning yesterday. The water
heater and the furnace are in the basement. What is going on? I guess I
call the plumber?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sit in front of the heater (leave the inner baffle plate
in place) and watch the pilot.
Have someone else switch the blower fan for the A/C on.
See if that deflects the flame.

(The A/C blower shouldn't affect the house pressurization,
but the coincidence is too strijing to ignore.)

Jim