AutoTracer

Bathroom fans are effective and that is why they are required by code in
most bathrooms that lack a window. The airflow (cfm) should be sized to the
room so a bigger room needs a bigger fan. You can get ones with heatlamps
or heat coils built in and I suppose you could even attach one to a humidity
sensor or thermostat so that it only disposes of excess heated air (though I
don't think this is common practice)

Humidity is not the only use for the fan. Don't forget those noxious odors
we all produce.

"al" wrote in message
Help...have read in the past the exhaust fans in bathrooms generally
aren't that effective. In other words, by simply ensuring the door is
left open after a shower, as much humidity can be removed from the room as
an exhaust fan could.

I live in Northeastern Wisconsin. Opening a window is not a year round
solution. Am concerned with the efficiency (or lack of) an exhaust fan
during the winter months. I also have a teenaged daughter that believes
it's necessary to blow dry her hair for 20 minutes after her shower. So
not only is the room a bit on the humid side, it gets heated by the dryer.

Would appreciate any thoughts/comments on the subject.

AL