G Henslee

Ken wrote:
If you are so inclined, please take a look he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54844326@N00/17799293/

What's the purpose of that marble base under the toilet?

This is in a bathroom that was added on to our house I'm guessing in
the 1950's. I'm just curious why its there at all. It looks like it
was installed when the bathroom was built, so I don't think there was a
need to adjust the floor height to the waste flange height or anything
like that.

Whatever the initial reason for it, it's not needed. Why keep it?

and my wife wants to keep that marble
base.

Oh ;o) Well, it may be easier to keep clena that the grout directly
around the stool. You'll have plenty of grout to keep clean with the 1"
mosaic your planning on installing.