JK

LOL. We like it warm in our house.

Thanks.
"Wes Stewart" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:38:45 -0700, "JK" wrote:

Just bought a new place about 8 months ago, and have the need to turn on
the
swamp cooler, which are not common here in AZ.

They're pretty common in my end of AZ. If you're just getting around
to turning it on, you live in the cooler (no pun intended) of AZ.

The cooler seems to work
fine. It blows cold air, etc. However, every once and a while, a large
amount of water will be discharged out the discharge hose (or whatever
it's
called, it's a pvc pipe). Some of the research I've seen said this can be
normal. Some other research said I may have a problem with my float.
Anybody
have any experience with this?

As others have said, that is the purge pump running.

Wes in Tucson