Heathcliff

al wrote:
Help...have read in the past the exhaust fans in bathrooms generally aren't
that effective. In other words, by simply ensuring the door is left open
after a shower, as much humidity can be removed from the room as an exhaust
fan could.

I live in Northeastern Wisconsin. Opening a window is not a year round
solution. Am concerned with the efficiency (or lack of) an exhaust fan
during the winter months. I also have a teenaged daughter that believes
it's necessary to blow dry her hair for 20 minutes after her shower. So not
only is the room a bit on the humid side, it gets heated by the dryer.

Would appreciate any thoughts/comments on the subject.

AL

Al, I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you have an exhaust fan now?
Are you concerned that it does not do enough to vent humidity from the
room? Are you concerned that it wastes heat in the winter? Are you
thinking that opening the door after the shower is a substitute for
having a fan?