JJ

Met with the contractor today and it is his opinion there was a problem with
the load. The sections that cracked, he called them contraction cracks, are
all from load #3 of 5 loads so he's trying to get the cement company to pay.
We'll see.
Now as far as other things I had a chance to measure today and the saw cuts
are all 9.5 feet apart. The sections that cracked were poured at noon and
cut starting around 8am the next day.
So far the only options offered seem to be cut it out and redo with the
cement co paying for the cement and he implied him kicking in some of the
labor but I didn't push that yet. Option two was I keep any money received
from the cement co and ignore the cracks. He claims the cracks will not get
significantly larger over time. The 3 sections involved consist of around
320 sq ft. and would require wheelbarrow to pour.

"DanG" wrote in message
Remember there are two injured parties here. His reputation, good will,
referrals and the money for this project. YOU! Try to approach the issue
together, not as adversaries. See what ideas he may have.

Possible remedies to discuss:

Minimum, rout and caulk (pavement seal like Vulcem or SL1) the cracks
that did occur.

Maximum, remove and replace sections with cracks. Be aware, this method
has the potential for stains on the concrete and will require either a
pump or wheelbarrow pour. The end result will surely be a different
color. The cure may be worse than where you are now.

There are epoxies made for filling the cracks and very expensive overlay
products to color the entire top.

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)