George

"Keith Young" wrote in message
Hi
I,m back again.

I have a used two speed washer motor for my Beale buffing system.Any
suggestions for mounting? I was going to enclose it in a wooden padded box
on top of my workshed counter top. I,m sure that there are better methods

..
The mounting brackets with it were designed for washer mounting.

Round or square motor? How is it cooled, and how far away from the dust
production is it going to be?

Simplest mounts are plywood with cutouts of the precise size of the motor.
Use a contour gage for layout, draw the entire outline on your pieces, then
use your tablesaw to cut them through parallel to what will be the mounting
block or table prior to cutout. The kerf is for tightening. With this
kind of mount you can stay away from areas designed for cooling, and if
there is enough room at the shaft end to grip the bearing area, you can make
the mount large enough to protect the motor from eating dust.

If a round motor, hose clamps are probably a good method on their own.