Harold and Susan Vordos

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
snip-----

Thanks for the information. I reckon 4 hp is the most I can power from
my supply. I'm tempted by that Bristol compressor on eBay. It's cheap
and the seller seems pretty knowledgeable. He said he bought it with the
intention of fitting a single phase motor, but never found a suitable
motor. Apparently he tried a 3/4 hp motor but it wasn't big enough. The
receiver is 150 litres, so I'm guessing it might need a 2 hp motor? In
terms of dimensions I don't want anything much larger than this, but
maybe I should keep searching for a vertical machine. Will keep

thinking...

Thanks for the help,

Chris

Don't confuse receiver size with horsepower requirements, Chris. What
matters is the power it takes to spin the compressor at a given speed.
Receiver size dictates how long the compressor will run to build turn-off
pressure, nothing else. By cautious when making your choice.

Harold