Cliff

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:18:47 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

Actually the US worked with both the Nationalists and the Communists during
WWII. The Chinese Communists were very helpful during WWII. The
Nationalist government, army and police were largely corrupt while the
Communist were much better disciplined and effective at fighting the
Japanese. That is also why it was so easy for them to chase the
Nationalists off the mainland. We supplied them with quite a bit of arms
and equipment. The communists returned any escaped POWs to US units while
the nationalist were just as likely to give them back to the Japanese if the
money was right.

It was only after the war when the Communists started gaining ground and Mao
aligned himself closer to Stalin that we started getting nervous.

Yep. Not that any of the wingers would know that. Or the
revisionists, working way at history in the US.
The Communists were the reformers. They'd had enough of
the corruption.
The US may have pushed them towards Stalin by supporting
the corrupt Nationalists.

Where's Hamei when you need him?
--
Cliff