Harold and Susan Vordos

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
Just another quick question. On the Bristol compressor I spotted on eBay
I see a pipe leading from the crankcase to the cylinder.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7980508669

Anyone know what this is for? Is it for pressure lubrication or does it
mean the compressor is double-acting? Just curious.

Best wishes,

Chris

I can't imagine it's for a double action, but I can't see a good reason for
it, either. Smaller hydraulic lines typically run to unloading valves, but
I can't see how this one would work in that capacity, although it could have
some strange internal porting. I'd be interested in learning what
purpose it serves.

Harold