volts500

Harry Everhart wrote:

I just moved to Florida from Pennsylvania. In PA - we used to till the
ground - rake it out - and plant grass seed. Down here everyone seems to
use sod. When I asked folks about it - they say grass seed does not grow
here. I have lots of land. I have a rototiller. I would like to till the
ground and plant something to prevent erosion. Any advice - the land is
mostly shaded.

Two words. FORGET IT! Enjoy your shade. Spend your time and money on
better things like renting a charter fishing boat. If you must
persist, do a search using the keywords "Florida turfgrass"