Edwin Pawlowski

"WeeWilly" wrote in message

I'm in the planning stages to build a decent workshop and thought I'd ask
if anyone knows where I can obtain info on building one that is relatively
energy efficient from a heating / cooling standpoint. I don't make scrap
(ha) so, while, I'll probably have a wood stove in it.. I'd really like to
have a well thought out insulation plan.. like radiant floors heated by
solar heated water to be used both for the sink and heating. Latest in
insulation, etc.

I'm up in the air about whether to go with a metal building or wood.. I
like the thought of low maintenance on a metal building... but the
"warmth" of a wood building.

One of the most energy efficient ways to build is using Insulating Concrete
Forms (ICF) There are many systems and you can do it yourself.
www.integraspec.com www.standardicf.com www.polysteel.com

They are very noise proof, have withstood tornados, and cut heating by about
50%