Tony Marsillo

Dan,
I have an LG VX4500 phone that gets poor or no signal in my basement. I
bought a replacement telescoping antenna for my phone on e-bay. It has
improved my signal in the basement some what. It will not go from 1 bar to
two, but I have found that I can complete my calls more often with the
antenna up than with the OEM stub. Here is the link to the one I bought, I
think they sell them for other phones.

Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair
"Dan" wrote in message
My wife & I are in the process of moving & are living on opposite sides of
the continent for awhile. To lower phone bills, we got a cell plan that
gives us unlimited minutes to one another (Cingular). My phone (a
Motorola V180) gets great reception around town, but naturally, I have
found it gets lousy reception from my home, where I generally am when we
talk. 0 to 2 bars, usually 1. So I'm wondering if there's any way to
inprove reception, like an external antenna, even a clip lead attached to
the antenna connection inside (which I have not tried yet). Phone has a
stub antenna about 1 inch long. Suggestions appreciated.

Dan