Bruce Bowler

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:47:45 -0400, David C. Stone put fingers to keyboard
and said:

In article bOBse.76877$nG6.74557@attbi_s22, Dan Bollinger
wrote:

When I've taught woodturning, I start people turning between centers using
only scrapers held horizontally (or slightly downward) on the tool rest.
Make something simple or even sacrificial. A gavel or candlestick. Use any
cheap wood you have around like cottonwood, poplar, basswood, pine, etc.
Dan

Ok, I have lots of pine, some poplar, so that's good.
What about stuff like maple and zebrawood - save that for later?

No... Zebrawood is awful to turn you must send it out to the rest of uss :-)

--
Bruce Bowler | A fool's tongue is long enough to cut his own