Dave in Fairfax

"David C. Stone" wrote:
Ok, I have lots of pine, some poplar, so that's good.
What about stuff like maple and zebrawood - save that for later?

Sounds like a plan so far. Do you have a chainsaw and a bandsaw? One
allows you to make logs into appropriately shaped slabs of wood and the
other allows you to make bowl blanks out of them when you are ready to
switch from spindle to faceplate work. Wood at the side of the road or
from cutting crews is a VEY valuable resource. So is a person who knows
how to turn standing next to you. I posted the LDD document a couple of
weeks ago. If you do a google search under the groups setting, you
should be able to find it. To find the local turners, follow the links
in my sig line and go to the local chapters.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: