IMM

Default IE - RIP

"Grunff" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

The big deal is that OE is the target
for viruses. When and if Outlook has
a news server function, then this will
become the target.

Rubbish - you know nothing about software.

The vulnerabilities in OE are in 95% of
cases also present in Outlook, inherited
from the same controls (iexplore in most cases).

This spotter can't read. I never said Outlook was better written than OE.
I said "When and if Outlook has a news server function, then this will
become the target.". that is clear, but maybe not from your galaxy.

And presumably a news *client* function?

So little change,
or have M$ written some real tight code to prevent/minimise idiots

playing
out with it? For such a large company with a bottomless pit of money, I
find it inconceivable that they can't write secure software.

And yet you continue to use it.

Most viruses come via emails, not news posts. I only use OE for news.

---