Andy Asberry

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:14:55 GMT, "DeepDiver"
wrote:

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message
news
On 13 Jun 2005 12:46:36 -0700, "cmorettz" wrote:

What are the best and or the worst prices youve seen at auction?
outrageous prices? Auction fever? One second late?

Lets hear it.

Best score. A late model bass boat at a city auction near the busiest
lake around. The boat was sitting on the muddy ground and there must
have 30 people standing around it before the auction. A kid that
worked for me piped up, "Too bad it was sunk". I asked how he knew
that. He said there was a big hole in the bottom and the wrecker
driver told him it was full rocks when they recovered it. The crowd
just melted away.

I bought it for $300. No hole. No rocks. Sly kid.

And surely no...uhh..."coaching" from his boss, I'm sure.

I only wish I was as quick as he is.