Thanks Ron. Iv'e been trying to butter up a tech in my area that owns a
repair shop for some apprenticeship learning by loaning him my LC-101
since his is broke, buying winstips for both of us etc. Long story
short, I told him the symtom of the set and he started to talk about a
chip in the tuner. I asked if it was the PLL, he said yes. I said you
suggested this as a probable fault, and was a mother to change. He told
me exactly what you just typed above. I will take a little of everyones
advice, check for voltages, solder connections, etc. Then will
definitely jump on the PLL, what ever this does (I do know it stands
for phase locked loop). This is why I like this group. Learn something
new everyday. Thanks a ton to all. Will post a follow up soon on
outcome.