Michael Daly

On 17-Jun-2005, "Mike Marlow" wrote:

Check your local building code. Laundry chutes are considered something
of a fire hazardand may not be allowed.

Holy cow - where do you live? This is a new one on me, but there are enough
parts of the country with wierd codes, that nothing surprises me anymore.

It sounds plausible, but I've seen new construction with laundry chutes, so
it is not universal. However, all the ones I've seen have been metal and
it's also possible that metal is required to allow for burn-time requirements
to make it legal. I doubt it is a restiction, but it's worth looking into.

Mike