Andy McArdle

[---8---]
The modern refrigeration compressor as featured in everything from

freezers
to dehumidifiers is not the same.

FWIW, I've asked a few local blokes about their experiences with vacuum
chucking. Most of the blokes who tried it and gave it away as a bad joke
had one thing in common... using a frig compressor. Of the ones with good
experiences only a few used 'em.

There seems to be seperate two reasons why they failed to pass muster:
burning out (I assume it's the lube problem you're talking about) and
although they generate low pressure they're not high enough volume to handle
the inevitable leakage at joints, faceplate or wood pores.

- Andy