Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"jw" wrote in message
oups.com...
Some of it, does have a bluish tint to it as well.

In either case, it seems that it can be linked to the overcharged
battery.

I assume that this is not a "real" problem? Any existing wiring should
not have developed extra resistance at the contact points. Any new
stuff, will of course get cleaned(if needed).

Well, yes, and no. IF your connections were all perfectly tight, then the
interface area will be "gas tight", and no corrosion should have intruded
(at least very far) into the connections. If you suspect any of them were
the least bit under-torqued, you better check them, and clean any suspect
areas.

I had the same thing happen. My son turned my automatic charger to "manual"
because, "it wasn't charging fast enough, Dad!" Needless to say, it boiled
the battery dry before I discovered it. And yes, it corroded everything in
the room.

LLoyd