TrailRat

Default Compatability Issue

Right then my second problem in as many days.
I'm in the process of making cherry dice cups/pots for a gaming group
that I attend. I shall be finishing the edges with 1/4" brass angle.
Because of the name of the group I want to put a copper plate 1 3/4" x
1 3/4" on the lid held down with the brass angle. This plate will be
engraved with a Gryphon.
Now I've heard some strange rumours about brass, copper and various
reactions to other material. Is it OK to use these three together
(Brass, copper and cherry) without causing discolouration? And if it is
OK what's the best way to protect both the wood and metal after the
lids return from the engravers.

I'm used to carpentry and apart from screws & nails I rarely ever use
metalwork.

Many Thanks for any advice.

TR