Jim Stewart

nic wrote:

I suggest that you know the dimensions of the blade spacing on your
plugs/sockets when you go shopping. I was going to pick up a plug and socket
to make an extension cord for my welder, 50amp 240v. That's one big blade,
one small blade and common, kinda like an oversized 110v configuration.
Ended up at Home Depot and grabbed a plug and socket and attempted to put
them together. Spacings were different!!!! I ended up grabbing the manager
of the electrical section and showed him. Blank stare. No idea what to do
about it. I thanked him for his time, suggested that he call the
manufacturer and ask them how it was supposed to work, and left. Wish I
could recall the brand.

It's hardly his fault.

He stocks the plugs and sockets that sell
the best. You can bet that he'd have something
to fit your dryer or electric stove. I'd
lop off the connector on your welder and
throw it away and fit connectors that are
readily available.