IMM

Default New Electrical Regulations

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:04:47 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

I agree that on a bog standard installation any chimp could do it - the
difference is knowing which is a bog standard and which isn't - and

why.
When I took the 16th edition one of the questions required you to work

out
the size of an earth conductor. The answer appeared to be a rediculous

size
but when you factored in the losses / grouping / temperature etc. you

could
see why it was necessary. How many unqualified diy'ers would have

fitted
the
correct size?

Most DIYers would know that the earth cable is always the largest

Er no. In standard T/E cable the earth conductor is smaller than the
other two.....

I mean at the CU.

---