Lar

In article . com,
says...
I have read all the postings about carpenter ants and have done
research on WWW, but I'm at a loss. For two years in a row I've had
dozens of winged carpenter ants in my living room and kitchen. I am
certain they are ants and not termites. Everything I read says I have
to follow them back to the nest so I can kill them. But these winged
ants don't go back to the nest !! They don't go anywhere but wander
around my living room. I followed one for two hours one night and
finally gave up and killed him. I have put out the Advance and
MaxForce bait, but never see these winged ants eating anything. I have
watched in my living room for hours and can't spot where they are
coming from. It's like they appear out of a black hole. I know my
eyes are not the best (I'm 57 years old), but for two years I've never
seen one actually crawling out from somewhere. And I very rarely see
regular worker ants in my house -- the kind without wings -- just two
or three in the past month. How in the world can I find the nest? I
am ready to just give up and sell my house (not really, but I have that
fantasy). And I'm sick of getting up at 2am to look around with a
flashlight. These winged ants prefer 7pm to appear.
I have a Carpenter Ant contract with Chemtec, but they are useless.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or MORAL SUPPORT.
Manny

Make sure they are carpenter ants. Just because what your company said
they were to make a sell doesn't mean they are. All ants will have a
winged class. If your company is hired to get rid if the carpenter ants,
insist on them finding the indoor nest. They can apply a product called
Phantom indoors that works great on ants. When they treat the perimeter
and areas they forage outside with Termidor you will not just get rid of
the carp ant nest but keep all species of ants from finding their way in
for about a year.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS