Philip Nasadowski

In article .com,
wrote:

Just a quick FYI. The KV sets the energy level of the x-ray and the
current sets the quantity of x-rays produced. 25KV is right at the
threshold for x-ray generation capability of any significant level.
Hence the critical nature of the x-ray protect circuits.

Unless you've got a set like my old CTC-7, where the X ray protection
circuitry is just that the darn thing can't make the full 25kv most of
the time

Mine's got a 21FBP22 in it. I can't imnagine what the 21CYP22s were
like, . since this one's a rare earth. Reds so red they're orange...

Oh yeah, the remote acts funny. Yep, 4 function (on/off/mute/channel).
Sometimes just goes bonkers on its own accord. Thankfully, you can turn
it off...