Gunner

On 16 Jun 2005 16:54:29 GMT, Ignoramus30160
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:15:00 -0400, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
I also remember hearing that certain employees at watch factories got
reputations as "rusters" because their skin moisture was much more
corrosive than average, and somewhat similar tales about women
assemblers who were ok in that regard save for a short period once each
month.

I also wanted to suggest farting, but thought that it would be too
much after recommending a fart driven internal combustion engine
recently.

As for corrosive skin, my own fingers used to have this effect: steel
objects would rust where my fingerprints were, right on the
fingerprint line.

I have a shooting friend that only owns stainless steel weapons for
that same reason. Whenever he comes over, after handling a blued
steel firearm, I make a habit of wiping it down with solvent/lube
because he will leave rust spots behind.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner