WillR

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 05:09:58 -0500, the opaque Prometheus
spake:

On 15 Jun 2005 09:22:45 -0700, "Andy" wrote:

If anyone else has suggestions besides these, I'd like to hear them too!

http://www.japanwoodworker.com/

Never used them, but their stuff looks awfully nice.

I kept seeing their little Ryoba saws in the back of FWW month after
month and broke down, pulled out the crowbar, and paid a whopping
$25.95 (delivered!) for one. I adore it and haven't touched another
Western saw since. It's faster and takes less energy to use than
either a Western rip or crosscut. I'll be shopping there again.

Just did a bunch of cuts with a Japanese style pull saw. Much faster
than setting up a table saw, and much safer on that twisted ugly cherry.
Not polished crosscuts like the table saw -- but very respectable and
clean. And no accidents. Ok Ok I pronged myself on a tooth and bled on
some cheery -- it was a _little_ accident and I needed a $.01 band-aid.

Highly recommended.

Crapsman tools are their own punishment
http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design

Will