On 15 Jun 2005 08:10:20 -0700, someone wrote:

I'm not sure if anything was used to pack it. That will definatlly be
my next question.

Did you already buy this house? Or did you already sign a contract to
do so? Cuz if you did, you do not have the authority to unilaterally
add extra requirements to the job. You can ask but if you don't like
the answer whaddya gonna do about it????

If you want a certain type of site prep, you'd need to call for it in
the contract. Otherwise, only the results count, and it is up to the
contractor how to get them. If they think the fill is compacted
enough then that is that, until the foundation cracks and proves them
wrong and then you might successfully sue them.

Of course some crack is normal, but we won't get into that now.