Curly Sue

On 6 Jun 2005 07:51:59 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

The third involves a lovely 1920s vintage two-story frame home with double
front porches in a nearby neighborhood. The homes and streets lined with
huge old trees are picturesque and evoke another era. The house involved
was on a prominent corner lot. At one point it was put up for sale and
purchased fairly soon afterward. A few months later I happened to drive
through the area and discovered that the house had been painted a vivid
lavender with bright yellow trim and shutters. It soom came to be known as
the "Easter Egg House", and has remained that color for over 20 years.
There is no HOA, nor any local code or regulation that could force the
owner to repaint the house in a more suitable color scheme.

My friend's old house on a shady street with cute Dutch Colonials and
adorable cottages, has been recently painted fluorescent mustard by
the new owners. I assume they wanted to express their individuality
and make a statement, and were not satisfied doing so on the interior.
Ironically, they are not even the ones who have to look at it from
their windows; the people across the street do.

Sue(tm)