Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Rob V wrote:
Hello all,

Ie - I draw a 4'x8' box.- Part A
I then draw the arch - 47" OD, 43" ID - Part B
then have it fit as many of Part B inside part A?

Doing it by hand right now - I can fit 5.
2 on the top
2 on the bottom (layed out like the Macdonalds arches on top of each other)
then 1 more in the middle facing like a U

Id like to somehow fit 6 on 1 sheet.

This is no problem. layout like this:

|C C C C C C C |

_eight_ ribs will fit on one sheet, that way. 10" offset between pieces.

For only 6 ribs, you can get away with a 6'2" x 48" panel.

Note: if you make the formers in 90 degree sections, instead of the full
half-circle, you can get 34 half-sections out of that same sheet of
ply. Using 3 'half-sections' per rib (3rd piece overlapping the joint
in the first two) you can get 11 full ribs from that 4x8 sheet.