Pat Barber

Given the current price of PT SYP vs plain old SYP, I
would use the PT wood and be done with it. SYP is hard
enough to stand up to "most" abuse and will last a good
lomg time.

If you elect to go with PT wood, wait at least six months
or more to paint. The PT treatment really jambs the moisture
in the wood and it needs time to dry out before the paint
is applied.

Plywood is quick but will not hold up over time.

N4IXT wrote:

Hi All,

I plan to use plywood for the floor and sides, with 2x4's for bracing the
sides and corners. I plan to paint everything, top and bottom prior to
bolting it to the trailer. When not in use the trailer will sit outside. No
room in the carport .