Rob V

Default CAD help - fit as many of peice 1 inside peice 2

Hello all,

Question for all those CAD people out there.
Im using TurboCad the free learning edition.

Im in the process of building an icecream stand for a client.
They want a 47" diameter arch - 9' long for the top.
My plan is to cut out 47" x 3" wide diameter ribs (arches) then support them
in the middle then put bendy ply over it.
Im figuring 6 arches for support - id like to be able to cut them all out on
1 sheet of ply.
Does anyone know if there is a way in CAD to have it automagically layout a
peice w/in another peice?

(If turbo cad cant do it - but someone has one that does - anyway you can
email me a pic of the layout - that would be great!!!
( r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doth c_o_m - remove the _'s)

Ie - I draw a 4'x8' box.- Part A
I then draw the arch - 47" OD, 43" ID - Part B
then have it fit as many of Part B inside part A?

Doing it by hand right now - I can fit 5.
2 on the top
2 on the bottom (layed out like the Macdonalds arches on top of each other)
then 1 more in the middle facing like a U

Id like to somehow fit 6 on 1 sheet.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

-Rob