Ed Huntress

"Cliff" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:06:43 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in
message news

Do you even have any idea what a "trade deficit" _is_? It means
we have two billion dollars more per day to spend on their crap
than they have to spend on our crap. That means WE ARE TWO BILLION
DOLLARS RICHER THAN THEY ARE!!!!! PER DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, no. It means that we have two billion dollars worth of their crap,

and
they have our two billion dollars.

This is not necessarily a bad deal in itself. But that's the way it is.

Found a live one, eh?
One day they will demand their VALUE back ...... as promised
by that paper ....

I'm not looking forward to it. I have a feeling we're about to try, once
again, to follow the pea under the shells, with Milton Friedman moderating.

--
Ed Huntress