cm

We have a home repair business and we do a fair amount of painting. In
Arizona almost all walls and ceilings are textured and can be hard to get a
clean line by hand brushing. Although tape/caulking appears to be labor
intensive it has actually speeded up our painting times and increased the
quality of our jobs.

Tape/caulk the room, Roll the walls, then brush to the tape and peel. That's
the order it's done.

I don't know how widely used it is in my area, but it's the only way to go
for us.

Labor intensive? Beats cleaning paint seepage off baseboards, cabinets,
flooring etc. GRIN

AZCRAIG

www.arizonavintagetrailers.com

"The Chairman" wrote in message
.130...
"cm" wrote in
:

To prevent this in the future you need to caulk the edge of the tape.
Apply a very thin bead to the edge of the tape and then smooth as thin
as possible. We use the cheapest Dap caulking from HD or Lowes. The
caulking must be spread very very thin.

Peel the tape off as you paint. We paint 2' - 3' and peel off the tape
and then paint another 2' - 3' and peel tape.

Seems like a smart idea, although a little labor intensive. We'll try it
next time. Are you in the painting trade? If so, is this a widely used
trick?

However, I like to keep the tape on when I am painting the walls after
cut-
in in order to avoid little speckles of paint jumping off the roller.
Perhaps my technique is off?