Ross Mac

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
I just moved to Florida from Pennsylvania. In PA - we used to till the
ground - rake it out - and plant grass seed. Down here everyone seems to
use sod. When I asked folks about it - they say grass seed does not grow
here. I have lots of land. I have a rototiller. I would like to till the
ground and plant something to prevent erosion. Any advice - the land is
mostly shaded.

Since you joined us out here on the big beach called Florida, you might want
to take a listen to the Garden Rebel on the Radio...You can google to find
your local affiliate...He is our gardener guru....maybe you could call him
on his weekend radio show and pose your question...
St. Augustine is the way to go and I would sod it...good luck...Ross