RonKZ650

I've been in the business 27 yrs, back in the old days of tube sets,
and early solid state there was no safety protection. Anybody remember
the old Zenith 20Y1C50 type set with a bad VDR? The HV would run
35-40KV all day, people happily watching their TV didn't know or care
the HV was too high and never hurt a thing, or the old Zenith 25EC
chassis with the bad safety capacitor that would let the high voltage
climb so high it would cut the neck off the picture tube? Never hurt
anyone that I know of. Sure never worried me then or now.

Darmok wrote:
Thanks for all the input. I guess, for the person who only looks into
the back of an operating TV once or twice a year, the hazard is
minimal. However, if my job were to be looking into the back end of
operating color TVs all day long, day after day, year after year, that
might be a different story. I wonder if there are any full-time TV
servicemen (women) who follow this NG who could give their input?

Cheers