nospam_needed

Default Reading capacitance on SM capacitor

Hi,

I'm looking at a laptop (Toshiba Sat 3000, to be specific) motherboard
that having some SMD suspecting leaky capacitors; Some basic questions
if someone can bring me up-to-date to the world of surface mount device,
that would be nice:

* There are four of them in parallel; ohm reading both way, in circuit,
about 50 Ohm. They are around the power charging area, and the circuit
having a blown fuse. Would this sound like a strong posibilty for leaky
cap ? (I can take them out one by one for sure...)

* The capacitors are the good size ones in the SMD world (6mmx4mmx3mm);
There is + sign printed on one end, and the printed note say "220" on
first line and "g14" the next line. Would that be 220 pF ? Seem little
for that size...

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,