John Fields

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:01:02 -0800, (Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

John Larkin wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:30:33 -0800,
(Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:
John Larkin wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:41:47 -0700, Don Bowey
wrote:

He [Don Lancaster] has tutorials? You've got to be kidding.

John

The quoted posts were not as you have posted them. They did not include the
"[Don Lancaster)."

Shame on you, Bud.

The standard English syntax for inserting edited text into a
quote, usually to show meaning that deleted context made clear,
is to enclose it between said square brackets.

Nothing was deleted!

So? Did anyone claim there was?

Which is to say that, while not commonly used on Usenet, Bud's
quote is proper style. If you read newspapers or news magazines
you will see it used often.

The style may be proper by your standards - certainly not mine - but

Bud's useage meets widely accepted and well known English.
What *you* think about it is immaterial.

the [content] is dead wrong. Nowhere did I refer to Don. We were
talking about The Phantom.

Provide some context that demonstrates it then, because it doesn't
appear to be what you are now claiming.

---
So, you miserable, troublemaking piece of ****, you've decided to take
on John Larkin?

Big mistake.

There's no way you can even begin to think about getting close to his
track record, let alone even get into the stadium, so why don't you
just quit before you embarrass yourself by not even being able to
leave the starting blocks?

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer